4th Water Research Horizon Conference
25/26 June 2013 | Berlin
Water Scarcity & Global Change
The world is changing fast. Population growth, increasing food and energy demands, growing economic activity around the globe, and climate change are the drivers of change. Like the drivers, the impacts are manifold, such as the growing threat of water scarcity, which will in turn have a strong impact on food and energy supply, as well as the health of ecosystems.
The Water Research Horizon Conference offers an open platform for water researchers from a wide range of water-related disciplines, as well as practitioners and decision-makers to discuss drivers and impacts of water scarcity and global change. It aims to stimulate exchange of knowledge and the development of new ideas for providing scientific input to the solution of water problems. This foresight conference aims to find new approaches, initiate cross-disciplinary and cross-institutional activities that will promote a new generation of young scientists with innovative ideas for solving some of the major challenges facing society today and in the future.
The 4th Water Research Horizon Conference on Water Scarcity and Global Change combined two research fields: “New challenges emerging from global and climate change: food and water, mega-urbanization, risk and vulnerability” and “Water scarcity: new perspectives for a circum-Mediterranean research initiative”. These two research fields were formulated in the Water Science Alliance White Paper.
Open Space Workshops were organized by interested conference participants and offered room for in-depth discussions for initiating new research activities beyond the existing disciplinary and institutional boundaries.
After the official inception of the Water Science Alliance e.V. community platform in the spring of 2013, the first plenary meeting took place on conference day 2.
Please find the full program of the WRHC 2013 here.
All presentations of the sessions are available by request – if you are interested please, contact Jörg Seegert:
- Keynote 1_Sheffield_WRHC2013
- Keynote 2_Bidoglio_WRHC2013
- Session 1_Speaker 1_Cosgrove
- Session 1_Speaker 2_Alcamo
- Session 1_Speaker 3_Klingbeil
- Session 1_Speaker 4_Menzel
- Session 1_Speaker 5_Floerke
- Session 2_Speaker1_JohanBouma
- Session 2_Speaker2_Porporato
- Session 2_Speaker3_Ardakanian
- Session 2_Speaker4_Lange
- Session 2_Speaker5_Adar
- Session 3_Speaker 1_Pittock
- Session 3_Speaker 2_Acreman
- Session 3_Speaker 3_Barceló
- Session 3_Speaker 4_Tockner
- Session 4_Speaker 1_Yang
- Session 4_Speaker 2_Uhlenbrook
- Session 4_Speaker 3_Roson
- Session 4_Speaker 4_Biewald
- Session 4_Speaker 5_Gawel
- Session 5_Speaker 1_van Lanen
- Session 5_Speaker 2_Drobinski
- Session 5_Speaker 3_Kottmeier
- Session 5_Speaker 4_Ludwig
- Session 6_Speaker 1_Zehnder
- Session 6_Speaker 2_Cook